Cooking The Local Catch - Grouper Tacos
- 6 oz. - Local black grouper
- 2 Cups - Red and green cabbage finely shredded
- 1 oz. - Jalapeno thinly sliced rings (fresh)
- 1.5 Tbsp. - Cilantro chopped
- 2 oz. - Lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbsp. - Salt and pepper
- 3 - Char grilled 4 inch flour tortillas
- 1 - Avocado
- 3 oz. - Sour cream
- 1 tsp. - Roasted garlic
- 1 tsp. - Ancho chili powder
- Mix ancho powder with 1 tsp of salt and pepper. This will be to season the grouper before grilling.
- For the avocado cream, combine the avocado, sour cream, roasted garlic, 1 oz. lime juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- For the cilantro lime slaw, shred the cabbage as thin as possible. Combine with cilantro, 1 oz. lime juice, jalapeno, and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss in a mixing bowl.
- Cut grouper into 3 2oz strips. Season with ancho mix, and grill to perfection.
- Grill the tortillas until warm and slightly charred.
- Place grouper on the shells, top with slaw, and finish with the avocado cream.
For years, Joe has been the man behind the stainless steel double doors at Oceans 234. An avid traveler, Joe has journeyed to countries such as Argentina, Germany, Panama, Peru, and even lived in Madrid, Spain for quite some time. His travels have played a roll (pun intended) in his creative cooking style, acquiring a liking to preparing spicy foods ranging from Thai to Vietnamese to Indian and beyond. Joe favors the “Lomo Saltado” on the menu and when he’s not whipping up a masterpiece meal, he enjoys playing billiards and trying out new restaurants.
PRINT THIS RECIPE