Crispy Asian Whole Yellowtail Snapper Recipe
Crispy Asian Whole Yellowtail Snapper
- 1 - Whole yellowtail snapper scaled and cleaned
- 1 Tbsp. - Fresh thai chilies sliced thin
- 1 tsp. - Fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. - Palm sugar
- 2 oz. - Thai fish sauce
- 1 oz. - Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 oz. - Thai basil
- 2 oz. - Cilantro
- 2 oz. - Mint
- 4 Cups - Spinach leaves loosely packed
- 1/2 oz. - Sesame oil
- 1 tsp. - Toasted black and white sesame seeds
- 2 1/2 Cups - Jasmine rice
- 4 1/2 Cups - Water
- Combine thai chilies, garlic, palm sugar, fish sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Bring water to a boil, add rice. Turn to low, cover and cook until done, about 20 min.
- Deep fry snapper in 325 degree oil until crispy, golden brown, and internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
- In a perforated wok, cook the spinach over an open charcoal flame while tossing it with sesame oil until slightly wilted. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve fish over the rice and spinach, garnish with reserved thai chili sauce, thai basil, cilantro, and mint.
For years, Joe has been the man behind the stainless steel double doors at Oceans 234. An avid traveler, Joe has journeyed to countries such as Argentina, Germany, Panama, Peru, and even lived in Madrid, Spain for quite some time. His travels have played a roll (pun intended) in his creative cooking style, acquiring a liking to preparing spicy foods ranging from Thai to Vietnamese to Indian and beyond. Joe favors the “Lomo Saltado” on the menu and when he’s not whipping up a masterpiece meal, he enjoys playing billiards and trying out new restaurants.
PRINT THIS RECIPE