Cooking The Local Catch - Island Lobster
- 1 - Spiny lobster
- 1 oz. - Minced garlic
- 1 oz. - Chives
- To Taste - Black pepper
- 1 Cup - Basmati rice
- 1/3 Cup - Coconut milk
- To Taste - Salt
- 1 - Chayote (Julienne)
- 1 - Red bell pepper
- 1 - Red onion
- 1 - Lime
- 1 tbsp - Butter
- In a small bowl blend butter, chives, minced garlic, and black pepper with a rubber spatula. Blend thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
- Butterfly the lobster tails straight down the middle of the softer underside of the shell.
- Cook flesh side down for 4 to 5 minutes until light grill marks show. Flip the lobster tails to shell side down.
- Rinse the rice several times and transfer it to a saucepan. Add the coconut milk, water, and salt and give everything a stir.
- Bring everything to a boil, uncovered. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan and cook for 8 to 9 minutes, until the water has been absorbed by the rice, stir the rice until perfection.
- Shred the chayote, julienne very thin the onion and red bell pepper, Combine all the ingredients together add the mayo, juice and zest of a lime, add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Place the grilled lobster tail over the coconut rice and garnish with the chayote slaw.
Hailing from Tolima, Colombia, Duvan Marin, has quite a story to tell. Having obtained several degrees from Graphic Design to Computer Programming, Duvan found the working in the kitchen was his favorite "gig." After working as Oceans 234’s star sushi chef for several years, Duvan was promoted to Sous Chef where today he creates incredible materpieces. When he’s not conceptualizing the next greatest recipe, he enjoys playing video games and spending time with his new baby boy, Dylan.
PRINT THIS RECIPE