Pan-Seared Mahi Mahi Recipe
Pan-Seared Mahi with Cucumber Tomato Relish
- 1 - Mahi filet
- 1 Bag - Exotic rice blend
- 1 Tbsp - Mint / Cilantro
- 1 Cup - Red onion diced finely
- 1/4 Cup - Fresh lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp - Unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp - Ginger ground
- To Taste - Salt and black pepper
- 1 Tbsp - Cucumber
- 1 Tbsp - Tomato
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and place butter to melt.
- Sprinkled salt and pepper on mahi filets.
- Place mahi on pan letting it cook for 3 to 4 min then flip mahi on the other side for another 4 min. Check that mahi is cooked through.
Exotic rice blend
- Place rice and oil in large saucepan. Fry on med. high heat stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- Carefully add the liquid. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer 35-40 minutes. Do not stir.
- Turn heat off and let steam for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- Dice tomato and cucumber, add them to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice, ginger, chopped mint and cilantro.
- Finish with salt and pepper to taste.
Hailing from Tolima, Colombia, Duvan Marin, has quite a story to tell. Having obtained several degrees from Graphic Design to Computer Programming, Duvan found the working in the kitchen was his favorite "gig." After working as Oceans 234’s star sushi chef for several years, Duvan was promoted to Sous Chef where today he creates incredible materpieces. When he’s not conceptualizing the next greatest recipe, he enjoys playing video games and spending time with his new baby boy, Dylan.
PRINT THIS RECIPE