Tropical Blackened Grouper Recipe
Tropical Blackened Grouper
- 1 - Red Grouper
- ** - Blackening seasoning
- 1 - Large peeled mango
- 1 - Peeled papaya
- 1 oz. - Shallots
- 1 oz. - Oil
- 2 oz. - White wine
- 2 oz. - Heavy cream
- 1 oz. - Butter
- 6 oz. - Brussel sprouts
- 1 pinch - Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 oz. - Red onion (diced)
- 1 oz. - Red pepper (diced)
- To taste - Lime
- 1 oz. - Jalapeno
TROPICAL BEURRE BLANC:
- Start by simmering shallots with a little bit of oil on a low temperature, once the shallots start caramelizing we proceed to add a pinch of thyme and add half of the mango ( diced ) and half of the papaya ( diced ) and the wine.
- Add the cream and mix well. Remove from the heat and pour into a blender. Blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes. You want the sauce to thicken a little so we add the butter until the desire texture but no letting it boil.
- Trim your Brussels sprouts by chopping off the stem end. Then cut the sprout in half.
- Next, toss the sprouts with the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic on a medium temperature in a sauté pan until slightly charred. Finish with orange zest.
BLACKENED RED GROUPER FILET
- Preheat sauté pan to high heat.
- Rub the grouper filet with butter, sprinkle both sides with the blackening seasoning.
- Add a little oil to sauté pan and add the grouper searing on each side, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from sauté pan.
PAPAYA MANGO SALSA
- In a bowl mix small diced mango, papaya, red pepper and diced red onion.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Hailing from Tolima, Colombia, Duvan Marin, has quite a story to tell. Having obtained several degrees from Graphic Design to Computer Programming, Duvan found the working in the kitchen was his favorite "gig." After working as Oceans 234’s star sushi chef for several years, Duvan was promoted to Sous Chef where today he creates incredible materpieces. When he’s not conceptualizing the next greatest recipe, he enjoys playing video games and spending time with his new baby boy, Dylan.
PRINT THIS RECIPE